October 15, 2016

The Challenge #82

I live in a beautiful place, sometimes though when you get all caught up in life you can loose that sense of wonderful of the things that surround you. A couple of weeks ago my sister came for her annual Oct visit. We traversed my island, as well as getting lots of crafty time tp play.

My sister is full of adventure and talked me into staying up in Parkville overnight, Tigh-na-mara Resort holds a special place in my heart so I was able to coerce her into staying there. We did not time it quite right because the tide was in, but we still walked  a couple of beaches and enjoyed a on the go breakfast watching the waves.

So along with this pretty inspiration photo I also have our up island adventures to inspire me for this weeks The Challenge.


I love these soft pretty papers by Pion, my card has lots of layers. The bottom layer is a view of the ocean, hidden behind the panels are tiny little boats on the horizon. I added a panel of light woodgrain, I added two tags, one popped up with foam tape.

I added some clear dew drops on top for shimmer sequins for the tops of the tags, and used some rustic twine with a whale tail charm. I finished with a popped up sentiment.


So.. don't forget the simple things, sometimes they bring you the greatest joy.

Supplies: White and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Pion, Technique Tuesday - Love Bug Jar, charm, twine, sequins and dew drops.

The Challenge design team samples are amazing, take a look and play along.

Cheers,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Nina, your card is so beautiful. In real life the pretty sequins and "drops" seem to literally glow on your card.

    It was truly precious time together - I agree, simple is THE BEST.

    Love ya
    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete