September 17, 2016

The Challenge #78

Good Morning and welcome to The Challenge, we are in week three for this month with a photo inspiration.

I made this card way more difficult that it needed to be :) but I seem to be getting my inspiration from techniques these past few weeks.  So will some emboss resist and colour blending I was pretty happy with how my card turned out.

I have these adorable little pineapple charms in my stash, I tried 3 times to make it work for this challenge before I gave up. My inspiration became the beautiful and bright flowers. Our local grocery store has some beautiful sunflowers for sale, I have loved having them on my counter so I wanted to try to recreate that for my card.



I started with heat embossing a panel of white cardstock, clear embossing powder and a script background. I then stamped the jar and flowers over top of that in archival ink and did some ink blending. I fussy cut the flowers and far out, the jar is popped up with foam tape as well as one of the flowers. I stamped the background panel with the same script stamp but in light grey and finished with some black gems.


Supplies: White and black card stock, Kaiser Craft - Background Script. Verve - Lean on Me, Recollections, Jar, gems.

Be sure to stop by The Challenge blog to play along, the Design Team has some wonderful inspiration to share.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the flowers with the script embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card ...girl I need lessons please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina I think your script embossing is "just the ticket" - its an addition that would not have occurred to me but would steal from you for a future project. Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shaded coloring - and I love the details of the script on each one.

    ReplyDelete