September 26, 2016

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #215

Merry Monday one and all, we have a new Merry Monday Christmas card challenge this morning.
 
This week Kristie challenges us to use dark & light pink with gray or silver on our Christmas card.
I have been playing around with Distress inks the past little while and being as I sometimes struggle with colour challenges so I though I would try some ink blending for this challenge.

I heat embossed a music background in platinum. I die cut these stitched snowflakes but left them pieced into the paper and added colour to them using 4 different shades of pink. I created the matching platinum dots by melting embossing power and dropping it onto my craft mat. I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and popped up. I finished with a thin edge of pink around the center panel.
 

Supplies: White and Back Card Stock, Stampendous - Music Score, Verve - Christmas in the Air, Lawn Fawn - Stitched Snowflake.
 
Head over to the Merry Monday blog to take a look at the Challenge and play along.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Nina



10 comments:

  1. Just love your pink snowflakes on the music background, Nina! You inspired me to use some music paper on a card I'll post later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Nina! Your pink snowflakes are gorgeous and look so pretty against the embossed music background! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - great use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely background to show off those fabulous snowflakes. Great card Nina. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pink snowflakes, Nina! Love that embossed music background and the dots you made to center the snowflakes! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the music background behind those great looking pink snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love your multi-shaded snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those soft snowflakes - so pretty on the music background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina, I really LOVE your card!! Those lovely snowflakes against the song sheet look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete