April 6, 2016

Bring on the Happy

My craft room have been very neglected over the past little while. I did get a chance to put a little ink to paper the other day.

I am playing along with CAS Mix Up  - April addition :) Although in typical Nina fashion I may have missed the CAS mark I was hoping for.



I stencilled the background using Distress Inks, I then stamped the flowers and coloured them with matching Distress Markers. I was not using watercolour paper so the ink did not mingle all that well.

I die cut the Happy from glitter foam and head embossed the sentiment on black cardstock in white. The flowers and birthday are popped up with foam tape and then I used Wink of Stella with a heavy hand on the flowers. The center panel is then mount with a rectangle of foam.

Supplies: White and black card stock, Verve - Lean on Me, Technique Tuesday - Say It Happy.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Nina!! Such a beautiful stenciled background and a great way to show off you're pretty flowers ... they look well-blended to me. :) Great colours and great design. The black makes all the other colours pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Hello fellow Canadian :) This is absolutely gorgeous! I love those flowers and your color combo...beautiful card! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your purple stenciling, Nina! Beautiful flowers and I love how you've done the sentiment at an angle! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! I love your stenciled BG and the flowers!
    (I recently discovered foam to help pop things up. It's great!)

    ReplyDelete