December 31, 2015

Celebrate in Style

I am not a fan of putting numbers on a card, unless specifically asked of course. This card is for a 50th birthday celebration.

My husband asked for this card, his description went a little like this.. girly but not girly, some sparkle but not really, glittery but not a lot and some more along the same lines, contradictory.. not so much :).

I just happened to find this little 6 x 6 paper pad gem on a random stop to the local craft store yesterday. Wine and Celebrate called to me. The card may not hold a ton of girly but I like the hints of sparkle and glittery at the edges.




I matted each layer with gold paper, not the foil style but a muted shine. I added the sentiment just one more candle to the base then popped up the Happy Birthday with foam tape. I added some thin pretty red cord to finish.

Supplies: Cream and gold card stock, Designer Paper - Wild Rose Studio. Simon
Says -Big Birthday Wishes. cord.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Gee Nina, your card should be celebrated just for itself! The theme is perfect, 50 is a milestone that SHOULD be celebrated in a big way. You will make your Mr. look pretty darn good with he delivering cards like this. I've had to decipher my Mr's requests a time or two myself.

    Hugs,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete