June 26, 2015

Fun and Crafty Adventures

I had the opportunity this week to join a fabulous group of ladies on a little crafting adventure. We don't have a lot of selection here in Victoria when it comes to places to shop for the supplies we all love to buy, maybe hoard a little.

A trip was organized to the lower mainland and supervised by a brave few while the rest of us climbed on and off buses having a day filled with chatting, sharing and shopping.. oh did we shop  - 5 different stores most filled lots of wonderful items to whisk away our money by temping us with inspiration.

Thankfully, the purse strings did not run away with themselves... for me anyway but I did mange to find a few things that will bring me some hrs of crafty joy.

I met some fabulous new crafty friends, thank you to said ladies for sharing your crafty wisdom, ideas, inspiration and general chat. I loved seeing the cards you have created and can't wait to see the ones that you will make with all your new treasures.


I had a request from a co-worker for cards yesterday, he had brought one of my cards with Love, Laugh Live on it as asked if I could make 5 more with the same theme. The task was daunting but surprisingly enough the creativity flowed nicely and I made all 5 in one sitting... kind of unheard of me the ultimate miss antsy pants. Boy did it feel great and best of all.. hello new supplies you are officially broken in :)

Are you tired of me telling you how much I love my stitched rectangle dies yet.. probably but well I think I used them on all 5 cards last night, I am not sure if I am just lazy or not :).  I used one of my go to simple layouts, it is easy when you let the double sided paper do the work. I added a little twine to mask the seam then stamped the sentiment and popped it up with foam tape. I finished with a few fun flowers to match the dots.

Supplies: White and black card stock, Designer Paper -Simple Stores, Technique Tuesday Live Laugh Love,  misc die cuts, twine.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

1 comment: