March 11, 2014

Beyond the Clouds...

Happy Tuesday, my card this morning is for a Family challenge. I chose the technique this time around and I have seen the painters tape technique making the rounds lately so here goes.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/magicalmaskingtape/


It actually took me two tries before I was happy with the result and even then I don’t think this is a technique that will be repeated on a regular basis.  I will admit to not using glossy paper, or ummm water-based ink truth be told.


This is the first card I made, I feel I added to many colours.... I started with the array of yellows which I liked, then though I would add in some more ‘rainbow’ colours. I was not happy with it after that.  So I decided to try a second time.

This one I used blues which I like just fine, I added in some off set clouds and finished with a few sequins.

Supplies: White and blue cardstock, Woodware – Beyond the Clouds, Memory Box die cut, sequins.

Take a peek at Barb and Judy’s blogs, they have played along with me.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    I think BOTH are lovely, however the second one is drop-dead gorgeous. The all blue theme makes it so relaxing. So much texture etc.

    You little deviant with the supplies used. Shame (wagging finger) JK, usually its ME who does that.

    Looking forward to our next challenge!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Nina beautiful cards ...I do like the blue one ...and your sentiment is so sweet. Thanks for the challenge ...can't wait for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete