November 16, 2013

Seize the Birthday and Tuesday Morning Sketches #224

My card is for two different challenges, the first being Seize the Birthday where I needed to use texture. Usually I will pull out one of my many.. many embossing folders but today reached for a paper pack I brought this summer and had not used yet.
 
The paper is so nice it has raised elements,  embossed bits, glittered bits and over all fun with all the texture.
 
The second challenge is the current Tuesday Morning Sketches, this layout worked great for this card.
 
 
I heat embossed the lighthouse in blue twice and fussy cut out parts and popped them up for 3D detail. I used foam tape for the anchor, the compass and the little boat as well.  I added a heat embossed sentiment and some twine. I even added a little yellow glitter pen to the windows.
 
 
 
Supplies: Natural white and blue card stock, Designer Paper - Best Creation Inc ,Inspired by Stamping - Ahoy Matey, MTF-World Traveler die cut, misc punches, twine,
 
Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sis,

    What a totally cool card. I love all the nautical touches. I mean the lighthouse on its own is eye-catching but all the little elements like the sailboat, anchor, steering wheel are totally CUTE - but the bakers twine is ... super fun!

    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. Perfect for either a male or female, but definitely a great man's card. You've used the sketch wonderfully. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Nina!!! Well done! The gingham anchor and the twine is such a nice added touch! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wonderful card, Nina!! I love the twine winding through the embellies!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love this card ...everything flows together ..girl you are talented.

    Thanks for sharing

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love how you did the layering on the light house and the pretty colors. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every single element, Nina! The twine brings everything together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete