October 21, 2013

Merry Monday #80

I am still feeling the effects from a nasty cold I picked up last week, my poor husband was tapped to get the bug on Friday.  Needless to say it was pretty quiet around our place this weekend.
 
Enough of my grumbles :) it is time for a new  Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge, Lesley has posted this vintage image for inspiration for this weeks challenge.
 
 
I don't think a card can get much more simple than this. I cut out a piece of DP then added a this brown border then  I added some twine. The sentiment is heat embossed in brown and popped up with foam tape, I finished with some brown pearls.
 
I love the music in gold on the DP and this Verve sentiment ties in nicely for both music and Christmas carol.
 
 
 
Supplies: Cream and brown card stock, Designer Paper - Recollections, Verve - Peace on Earth,  twine, pearls.
Stop by Lesley's blog  and see the wonderful Design Team creations and join in the fun and play along with the challenge.
 
Cheers,
Nina

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....I need more Christmas stamps like a hole in the head, but I LOVE this sentiment stamp!! Just a gorgeous, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina. Wow ... that is beautiful designer paper. Perfect sentiment to match and I love the twine. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and paper. I like how you stamped the sentiment over the music paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nina! That's some awesome paper! What a beautiful card it makes and the Verve sentiment is so perfect! I hope you are over that nasty cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly gorgeous paper on your card, Nina! I love how you've let the paper tell the story! Hope you and your husband feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that sentiment, your card is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty, Nina! This card is just perfect for this challenge! Love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The designer paper you have used is so gorgeous Nina and you have used it to great effect. The brown embossed sentiment works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Nina. The DP with the music and leaves is so pretty and I like how you stamped your sentiment on the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! It may have been simple to make, but it is so elegant and fancy looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous DSP Nina and I love the sentiment you used. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous, Nina! Love that DSP. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card!!! Could you share the exact name of the designer paper?

    ReplyDelete