June 19, 2013

Family Challenge #4 - Let's try ghost stamping.

Even with their busy schedules I managed to talk the ladies into doing another Family Challenge. I chose what looks like an easy and fun technique. I saw this video by Jennifer McGuire on using what she calls ghost stamping so I wanted to give it a try.

I decided on a similar design as to that in the video, I played with this card for well over and hr :) so much for CAS.


I love buttons but I tend to make paper buttons rather that the real thing so when I saw this stamp set I knew I had to have it, I just have not used it as much as I should. I pretty sure we can all say that about large amount of our beloved stamps.

I stamped with Stampin’ Up! white craft ink then used Memento Lulu Lavender and Grape Jelly over top, I dug into my stash of embroidery thread for a coordinating colour. I stamped the sentiment in black.

Stop by Barb and Judy’s blogs to see how they have been inspired by this video.

Supplies: Natural white, purple and kraft card stock, Verve-Sunny Days, misc embroidery thread, pearls.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    Well it LOOKS simple - would never have known your struggle had you not said. VERY effective - love the sentiment.

    Thanks for this challenge, I loooooove learning new techniques, you just never know which one will work!

    Can't wait for the next!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow do I love the colors and flowers you used ...thank you so much for the challenge ...can't wait to see our next one...another awesome job Nina...thanks for sharing and teaching me some new techniques

    hugs

    ReplyDelete