May 16, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches # 198

I have been a little absent from craft area as of late, I could call it a slump or being a little lazy but when the creativity does not flow then I find I just need to take a little break. This week though I have spend some fantastic time playing with my supplies.
 
I jumped right in with the current Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. I did not manage to add any flowers on my card, I did not think the young man this card is for would appreciate it but I do like the sketch Jessi created.

 

I started with adding some texture to the base layer of the card, I then added lots of layers. I stamped the boots then fussy cut them out and I used my Slice for the star and inked the edges. I finished with some tiny pearls to accent the boots.
 


Supplies: Natural white and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - DCWV, MTF-Wild Wild West, The Stamps of Life - Spellbinders Die cuts, Embossing folder twine, pearls,

Cheers,
Nina



 

 

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Nina!! I love the embossing and what you added the twine on the diagonal! You're probably right... better without the flowers! ;)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too I think it's better without the flowers :) Sometimes the twist just doesn't work! I really love what you did with it - so much detail on those boots (the spurs! holy cow) and I LOVE how you added the twine. Super awesome! BTW, I am the same - if the mojo isn't there, I try to let myself take the break. Besides, now that the weather is nicer there are other things to do!
    So glad you could come play with my sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, i thought of the song, "These boots are made for walking", when i saw your card! Thank you for using our sketch this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! So rugged. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one crazy great card - would have not thought about c-boy boots, but now you've got it in my brain. The bakers twine is perfect for this.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete