March 8, 2013

Playing in Paradise #107

Another week had come and gone, I swear time is on fast forward. However, it is Friday and the weekend is nearly here. We have a new Playing in Paradise challenge for you today, Allison is our hostess this week and our inspiration is a sketch.


Once again I took a complicated route with a card that should have been simple enough, I did alter the sketch a little to cover a mistake. I stamped the background and added some ink to the edges using Distress inks. I then used heat and stick embossing powder to apply the glitter.  I finished with some die cut flowers and some woolly twine.

Scrapbooker's Paradise online store has a fantastic selection of glitter, Hero Arts stamps and Distress inks.
Supplies: Natural white, kraft and brown card stock,  Design block: Old Letter Writing, Flower Bird Garden – Hero Arts, Sizzix  die cut , twine.

Please stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog to see what the challenge team has created. Play along with the challenge and you could win a fabulous prize pack.

Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. Spectacular Nina, these colors can be hard to work with on their own. You have brought them to life beautifully. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh lalal Sister, I LOVE this card, it fairly sings with rhythmic shapes! Your cards are always so multi dimensional and interesting!

    Hugs,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Nina. The stamped background looks stunning and I love all the glitter. I always find Heat and stick powder to be rather challenging, but yours turned out gorgeous.

    Have a great weekend!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card..love the paper used ...one day I would love to go through you craft room ...you have some awesome stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the card Nina. You took some patterns that would be challenging to me and put them together beautifully! And those die cut flowers are wonderful! Which Sizzix die is it? (I think I MUST have it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes cards are like that...it's always funny afterwards when you think of how long it took :) Hopefully you enjoyed it, anyway! I love how it turned out :) Fab colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous, Nina! Worth extra effort!

    ReplyDelete