November 8, 2012

Crafting Sisters

My sister Barb had a hankering to create a card with a gramophone last night. To get to that point though she created her own wonderful .svg cut so that she could use it with her Silhouette Cameo.
 
I am the first to admit that my Cricut and Slice mostly sit unused, but I promised that Cricut would be dusted off to cut this element out so we could make a card together. It aways make me smile when I see how different our cards turn out when we tackle a challenge at the same time.
 
I could not resist using my Echo Park paper that already had vintage style items on it, including a gramophone (If you look close you can see it peeking out from behind the pane).
It took me forever to put all these pieces together, it did not matter how I placed them it seemed off. I finally added the twine and circle elements first then added the rest. You can find this fantastic Gramophone .svg file on Barb's blog  HERE.
 
Supplies: Natural Ivory and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Echo Park, The Stamps of Life-tinytitles2stamp, Barb Derksen - Gramophone .svg cut, twine, gems,  and misc punches.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    Yes, we might be two apples off the same tree but we are definitely mutants of each other in our designing outlook. I always ♥ it when we take the same elements but cook them up different. Hmmm cook, perhaps we should have a sibling cookoff, you pick the ingredients!

    Your card is so nice, I always enjoy your layering, they look so rich. I think you rocked this one!

    Thanks so much for trying out my file, makes me smile.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! I love the vintage look but modern sentiment!
    Do you use MTC or SCAL with your Cricut? I have MTC and most of my carts are gathering dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Nina:)
    I LOVE your card!!LOVE the Vintage look!I too see a difference in you and your sister's styles. It always amazes me how you two can take the same item and see them differently.:)
    Thank you so much for stopping by again. LOVE your visits!!

    Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete