October 8, 2012

Merry Monday #36

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian blog visitors, family and friends.  I hope you have been enjoying your long weekend. Our weather has been stunning, I don't recall having such a beautiful start to fall for a long time. I was over in Abbotsford celebrating World cardmaking day with my sister and it was a stunning 26 degrees, I think I touched up my summer tan :) . Anyhoo...
 
It is time for a new Merry Monday challenge, again Lesley has outdone herself with this fabulous sketch.
 
 

I have to admit I enjoyed making this card, it was so fun. The tree was part of a 12 x 12 DP sheet that I could not resist chopping up :) don't worry, I used all the scraps for other parts of the card.
 
I added some texture to panel and tree, I used my Slice to cut out the star. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment then added some light coloured snowflakes on the background. I finished by adding some gold twine and gold and red pearls to the tree.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Fancy Pants, Inspired by Stamping - Christmas Greetings, Verve-Bright Spirits, Recollections pearls, misc twine, embossing folder.
 
Stop by Always Playing with Paper to see what Lesley and the Merry Makers have created. We would love for you to play along with us for Merry Monday this week.
 
I don't have to cook for anyone today and I get the day to myself... cardmaking anyone :).

Cheers,
Nina


8 comments:

  1. What a pretty tree and papers, Nina! Love that bit of twine and the pearls on the tree. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving day. Wish I could be making cards with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Nina! I love the different papers you used on this and your gorgeous tree! Very festive & perfect for the holidays! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are having a good visit with your sister! Isn't the weather amazing! Great combo of papers Nina and the bling and ribbon on the tree looks so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely....that star and "noel" are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little tree made with dsp, and I really like the trees in the dsp on the side too! The star sentiment accent looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lala - your textures and fine touches. There is bling sprinkled throughout and I know we cannot really appreciate it all in a photo.

    I wrassle with myself when chopping up a 12 x 12 sheet - perhaps you'll make me braver.

    Bravo, Sis!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of DP's in this one!!
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the tree and the bling you added. The sentiment is such a standout - just love it!

    ReplyDelete