August 1, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #157

A quick second post for today, I thought I would try a new challenge Tuesday Morning Sketches.
I could not quite get a photo I was happy with, seems to be the theme this week :). I think it is all the background black. I wanted to show off my new watercolor pearlescents, they add wonderful color an sparkle.

I used three layers of cardstock, then ran it through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I stamped the image and heat embossed with silver then coloured with red and green pearlescents. I finished with some silver pearls.

Supplies: Natural white, rust, silver and black cardstock, Hero Arts - Large Blossom,  Close to my Heart - Pearls, embossing folder, silver embossing powder.

The pearlescents was purchased at Ever After Scrapbook in Kelowna, I saw the idea for this card there. Please check the blog for the original card.

Cheers,
Nina


7 comments:

  1. Cool! I love the silver embossed panel - gorgeous shading, and I love the dragonfly embossing :) Thanks loads for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! The black background really makes for an elegant card! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week! I hope we'll see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Nina! I love the embossing and color of the pearlescents!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were quite busy with this card and with all the details!! Very nice! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, please come join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This is stunning! Love the pearly watercolors. The embossing is perfect for this technique. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous...the pearls look wonderful...so very elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! Did you see?
    http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.ca/2012/08/and-winner-is.html

    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete