July 27, 2012

Playing In Paradise #77

Happy Friday everyone, Whoo hoo I have reached 50 followers on my blog, how exciting is that.. well maybe not so much for you but that made my day. I am still on my vacation but I did manage to get a little craft time in with my sister to get a few cards made.
It is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge; Allison has a wonderful sketch as our inspiration this week.
PPC77
I sure struggled with my card though, inspiration was quick but getting it all glued together and where I wanted it was a totally different story.  Don’t get me started on my questionable photo J.
I love this beautiful designer paper that I snagged from my sisters stash.  I created the card base, added a layer of DP, then punched the top section and added a strip of DP.  The part I struggled with is where a focal image should be, I tried a good dozen things before I just used a textured piece of cardstock and added a layered sentiment on top. I finished with this fantastic button, again from a secret stash and some embroidery thread.
Supplies: Natural White and navy cardstock, Designer Paper - Indie Chic , misc button and punch, embroidery thread.
Stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise Blog to see what the challenge team has posted for Playing in Paradise #77, join in the fun and you could win a prize.
Sorry I have not been doing much in the way of commenting, I will sit down and catch up once I am back home.
Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done Nina, Your card flows beautifully. Looks like your hard work paid off. It really is beautiful. {congrats on 50 followers :)}
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty!! I liek the mix of blues and designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Congrats on the big 5-0 :)
    Love the papers you used (I've been hoarding this exact same paper, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Nina:)
    I finally got back over to catch up on your blog again.:) I LOVE ALL of your cards. You always come up with the neatest ideas.:)I Love your watercolor ones too.I haven't attempted that yet.It looks like fun.:) I LOVE the embossing on your Christmas Blessings card. It really stands out nicely.:) Oh..and your ADVENTURE card is ADORABLE and FUN!!:)
    Congratulations on the big 5-0. How COOL is that?:)I know that has to be exciting for you!! Happy Dancing!!:)

    Have a WONDERFUL vacation. I know you are enjoying your time with your sister..just as much as she is enjoying her time with you.:)

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great holiday! This is a lovely card and yes, the paper is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete