January 10, 2012

Scrapbook Essentials Challenge #5

Good Morning all, 2012 is skipping along a good clip already. A quick personal note before we get to all that carding goodness.

Happy 18th Birthday to my son Zach. You are such an amazing young man and you make me proud each and every day with your charming personality, caring ways and all around good guy status... mom loves you :)

 It is time for the 2nd challenge of the year with Scrapbook Essentials BC.

This week's challenge is an Easel card, I love this style of card but boy do I struggle to get a good picture.


I used basic layers for this card, the bird house and the sentiment were heat embossed and popped up with foam tape. I added a beautiful pink ribbon and resin rose to finish, both of these products along with this stamp set can be purchased in the Scrapbook Essentials BC online store.
.


Please head on over to the challenge blog to see what the other design team member have come up with.

Supplies: Cream and pink cardstock, Designer Paper-Basic Grey, Essential Stamps-Birdhouse Background 1, Essential Charms and ribbon-Scrapbook Essentials BC.


Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sis,

    You're so bright and early today with your card. What more fitting than a bird theme - "early bird catches the worm" and all that :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZACH! Hope he has a terrific day & year. Hmmm trying to remember 18...

    Love your easel card, I like them but wonder if some recipients know to fold them up?

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Nina. Love the way you used the "Essential Charms" resin rose and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off a big Happy Birthday to Zach.

    Beautiful card Nina! I have yet to try one of these cards so i guess maybe i will see if i could possibly get one done for this challenge.
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Zach
    wow 18th

    Nina awesome card ..I love easel cards I will have to try this challenge.
    Now you and Mike are spoiling that boy with lots of love.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son! I hope he had a special day! I love your card Nina, the DSP is lovely with the image.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday to Zach!!

    Hope his wish comes true.:)My eldest son is still waiting on his..a CORVETTE!! Yeah..right.LOL

    LOVE your card Nina!I have done an easel card..Yes..just one so far.It was really kinda fun once I got the hang of it.:)My Mom LOVED it ..so I gave it to her.I showed her how to fold it up..but she chose to keep it open and display it in her display case. Such an encourager.LOL

    I LOVE the COUNTRY feel of yours and it is soo PRETTY!:)I really think you can do pretty much whatever you put your hand to..and a lot faster than most of us too.:)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete