January 24, 2012

Essential Sketches #7

I had a fabulous post all prepped and loaded for a scheduled post this morning.. and blogger just ate it, lost and gone.  So I am so sorry that this post is a little late.

It is time for another Challenge with Scrapbook Essential BC, this is our 7th challenge and this week we are asking you to create a card using patterned paper.


I tried for a clean card to showcase the designer paper, but did add some texture.  My sentiment is heat embossed in brown then I finished with some frilly ribbon and a resin rose.



Please stop by the Scrapbook Essential BC online store to see the fabulous supplies Stacey has, the following supplies used on this card are available -  Basic Grey designer paper, embossing folder, frilly ribbon and resin roses and so much more.

Take a look at the Essential Sketches blog for the Design Team card samples and to add your card to the challenge.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Basic Grey, Essential Stamps-Whimsical Bird, Spellbinders die cuts, Couture Creations- Embossing folder, frilly ribbon and resin roses.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nina! I think you did a great job highlighting the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, I love the embossing on the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis,

    Pink and Brown are complementary in this dp - its a comforting card, someone will put this in a special place.

    I like the embossing, it almost makes it appear quilted.

    The resin rose finishes it off perfectly, so nice!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! I love the embossing on the dsp!!!

    ReplyDelete