September 30, 2011

Thank Goodness it is Friday

Happy Friday Evening... more like night but I don't want to be picky :). It is time for another Friday Mashup.
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Fall themed" project (it's right around the corner, people!).
  2. Or Make a Project that uses "Brads...lots and lots of Brads".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a fun "Fall themed project that uses lots and lots of Brads".
Ohh how I love Autumn, Lisa said it in such a nice poetic way - see her description on The Friday Mashup Blog. I think when you love the subject it is easier to be creative.

Isn't this stamp fantastic, this was its first ink-up but what a way to make it's debut (I am going to ignore the fact that its name is Snow Dust). Can you tell I am happy with the way my card turned out, even as I am falling asleep at my keyboard as I type :)

I used 5 or 6 different "Fall" colours Stickles to make the leaves in the wind and a few remaining on the tree. I used a Color Box Option Pad for the Fall Colours stamp, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used the same ink pad for the leaves under the large brad. I finished with a mini brads in the two corners.

Supplies: Cream and Brown Cardstock, Designer Paper-My Mind's Eye, Penny Black-Snow Dust, GStudio-Halloween Harvest, Making Memories brad, Recollections mini brads, misc ribbon, Martha Stewart punch, Stickles.

I have a ton of comments to return, that will have to wait till tomorrow. Night All.

Cheers,
Nina

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nina, What a great autumn card. I really like those sparkles across the trees and sky.
    Thanks for playing along again with us at the Friday Mashup.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card turned out beautifully...love the colors and the words...way to go girl. Have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love those trees and the paper you used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tasteful my Sister! I absolutely love the way you made the dots "float" off the tree like the wind would do with leaves. Your affection for fall shines through. Bravo!

    Always aspiring to your talent!
    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the leaves blowing away..I bet is real life it has some great sparkle. That is a fabulous Tree too perfect for Autumn. This is my favorite time of the year as well. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, I agree with everyone! That tree is great! I love the "leaves" blowing away in the autumn breeze. Great job with the mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card - I love how the leaves are blowing off the tree! Fabulous colours and layout too. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty fall card Nina, Love the look of the leaves falling, and that you used the brads in the corner, makes the mashup a great card. Thanks for joining us at Friday Mashup.
    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Nina.:)
    I too LOVE your fall card.How COOL is idea with the leaves?:)It's AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Nina...love the muted tones and the distressed look to your card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete