September 2, 2011

Rockstar.. who's a rockstar.. I am sooo excited because I am a ROCKSTAR. I am actually a little in awe, definitely amazed and incredibly pleased. Thank you to the ladies of The Friday Mashup.


Alas, one must come back down to earth and get back into the glitter and glue. There is a new Friday Mashup challenge to tackle. Friday Mashup # 22, so today's challenge goes like this:

-Make a card using the Gate-fold technique  (Actually, there are several varieties of gate folds...show us what you got!)
-Or Make a card using Numbers...any numbers, stamped (if you have them!), chipboard, die cut, stickers...
-Or Mash it Up!  and make a card with a gate fold AND numbers!

I found this fabulous designer paper while power shopping in Kelowna craft stores with my sister, my little trimmer has been buzzzing to get its blade into it ever since. I went for simple or basic for this card but of course it would not be complete without a little glitter and glam.


There is the cutest little lady turning four soon and I thought this card would be perfect for her. The three center elements were cut out with a Spellbinders die, the first layer out of pink glitter paper, the second designer paper that I embossed with clear embossing powder. The stamped sentiments were simply stamped with the edges ink with a little bit of Versacolor Pinecone the popped up with foam tape. The 4th was cut out with my Cricut and also embossed for gloss.


I finished with a couple of pearls, the inside has a matching panel. The centre elements alternate to which side they open. I would have liked to add some texture to the panels but..well.. I forgot :). I had covered my embossing folder with paper as I worked... next time.


 A special Thank you to Love Frog for patiently holding the card for its picture.

Supplies: Cream cardstock, Pink glitter paper, Designer Paper-Websters Pages-Lullaby Lane, Spellbinders-Nestabilites, Hot of the Press-Mix your Message, Misc pearls.

Cheers,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. I dunno where to start but all I can say first off is that once I got to the love frog I lost it. I rolled on the floor. It distracted from your INCREDIBLE card. Its gorgeous sis and should propel you to fame and fortune.

    I am SO proud of you,
    proud to be your sis.
    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congrats on getting Rockstar! You totally deserved it with the great card you came up with last challenge.

    You've also kept rolling right along with the great cards. I love the paper you used on this card and the 3 sentiments going down the middle looks fantastic!

    So glad you are playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, Congratulations on rocking the Mashup last week. Your entry this week is so fabulous what a brilliant childs card. Love the papers you've used. Lovely to see you playing along with us at the Friday Mashup again this week.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Nina:)
    CONGRATULATIONS!! WOW..I can now say I know a ROCKSTAR!!!:)
    LOVE your GORGEOUS card!!...and..I LOVE your LOVE frog too!!How SWEET!:) I have seen gate cards..but haven't tried one..looks like FUN!:)

    Have a FANTASTIC weekend!! Can't wait to see your next card!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable! Perfect for a 4-year old! Love the playful designer paper, the touchof pearls...and theLove Frog! LOL Thanks for joining in at the Friday Mashup again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Rockstar award. The card for this weeks challenge is really cute, also thanks for coming over to my blog, and nice to meet another fellow Canadian.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the Rockstar award. You've got another marvelous card here too - I love how you've got three "gate latches"...a very clever idea. Thanks for joining in the Friday Mashup!
    from yet another fellow Canadian
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Nina on your award...doesn't surprise me though :)
    Your card is very cute and like how you added the frog in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that frog is too cute and I love Pink! Your card is adorable any child would love. Great elements. That is a very sweet piece of DSP i don't know if I would of been able to cut into it..lol Congrats on being our Rockstar last week your card was gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete