August 20, 2011

Another challenge post, and again I have managed to mix two challenges in to one card.

FM#12-Sweet as a button:
  1. Create a project using Buttons .
  2. or Create a project featuring "Cupcakes".
  3. or "Mash it Up!" and create a project with Cupcakes & Buttons!
Stamp Something-Something to say Thank you.

This week our challenge is simple, just create a thank you something.

So I though it would be fun to try to combine these two challenges.
I think this Bo Bunny designer paper is so cute, I guess I did not realize it was probably a winter paper till I started this post… the name of the paper Organic Snow drop :). To me it looks like a fabulous array of buttons, so in my mind that is what it will be.

FM#12

I love making buttons so this was a no brainer for me, however I have a new die cut from Joy crafts that makes these wonderful little buttons so I embossed them and added floss and all was great.

I paper pieced the cupcake from a Fiskars stamp, the bottom I glittered up with bronze ultra fine glitter, the top I covered with Diamond Glaze and sprinkled lightly with some warm highlight glitter to give a tiny bit of sparkle. The cherry on top is a Holiday Dot.

Supplies: Cream and burgundy cardstock, Designer Paper- Bo Bunny, Fiskars-The Sweet Life and So Much Thanks, Joy Craft-Die cuts, misc embroidery floss, Jewel Glitter Ritz, Dress it Up-Holiday Dots.

Cheers,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nina, So nice to see you playing with us at the Friday Mashup for this challenge. Your card is very playful, I love your hand made buttons and that cherry on your cupcake is too cute.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! That cupcake is just to cute. Wow you have got a lot of challenges these days :)
    Well good job on pulling 2 off with one card.
    Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina ...awesome card...you found the neatest challenges and always make them so beautiful. I am going to try this layout...thanks for sharing. Have a great day and Mojo Monday is a coming...

    p.s. when you say you use a clear gloss...which one is it.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this came out great! I love all your elements, and that cherry on top is just the right sparkle! I say if the paper works use it anytime of the year. I really like the "You're the sweetest" stamp, great font. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Sister,

    I cannot believe you, you little card-making machine!!! Not only are there a plethora of cards, they are all truly little works of art! Sigh!

    As I read through your credits, I noticed you fine-glittered the cupcake bottom, once again I clicked on the pic so I could REALLY see that glittery - so pretty!

    The holiday dot on the top is the CUTEST - I want to bite the top off that delicious little confection.

    Thx for showing and sharing.

    ♥ ya,
    BigSis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina,
    I am also from Vancouver Island!! Nice to meet a fellow Canadian and BC girl! I love your sweet card, the layout and the DSP are just perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that paper you used and I can totally see buttons instead of snowflakes! That Holiday Dot on the cupcake is just perfect!

    Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buttons, snowflakes. It's all good. And I am totally in love with the buttons that you made. As a fellow button lover I will have to check that die out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! Love the pattern paper! Thans for playing the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete