May 22, 2011

Happy Sunday, sorry I have been MIA this week. Time is doing that darn flying thing again.

Last weekend I had the fabulous opportunity to meet and get together with some ladies I met on a Stamp TV group. One of the ladies taught us to quill and although I did not make a card, we did make samples of all the quilling shapes. By the end of the day we had used those shapes to create some small items such as a flower, a couple of ducks, a snail, and a cat. My son questioned whether I  was sitting too close to the glue while I was making the cat. I had a small sample kit of quilling paper that I was using, I was running out of paper by the end of the day which is why my cat is so interesting looking. I can’t wait to get together with the ladies again, we have another meet and greet in June with hopefully some additional ladies join us.


My sister Barb, was so patient with me while she waited for my Mojo for this week. I am glad that she posted early on because I only finished the card today. I did have a good start on it back on Monday, but then I realized that the card was for my husband and that I could not post it as he consistently checks my blog to see what I am creating. So with what I already had started I shifted focus and made it into card for my friends son whole will be turning 17 in June. When I asked his mom what he was interested in now her comment was ‘he is such a redneck’. I have no idea of her interpretation of that so I took it as an outdoorsy type of fella. The last time I saw him he was where a rugged dirty ball cap, big work boots and a tartan work shirt, I hope the card works :).

Mojo sketch:


My card is slightly different then the sketch, I re-worked it a bit. I have quite a few layers to add dimension. I won't go into detail but one focal point is the large Sizzlet button. I dipped it in Versamark Champagne dazzle then coated it in clear embossing powder to give it gloss.


Supplies: Craft and green cardstock, Designer Paper-Karen Foster Designs, Inkadinkado-Birthday Wishes, Sizzlets-buttons, Spellbinder Nestabilites, American Craft ribbon, Pebble inc-Candy dots.

I will be back tomorrow with the new Mojo.

Cheers,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Nina:)
    WOW...I bet he will LOVE his card.:) I LOVE it too!! That BIG button sure sets it off.:)
    LOVE your quill work too. GREAT job!!So much you can do with that.Christy (DD) just showed me how to do it and gave me a package to practice with.So far..it's still sitting with my craft supplies.:)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!!
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete