April 11, 2011

Happy Monday,


I have not spent a great deal of time in my craft room this past week, it was nice to sit down and play a little. Thank goodness for Mojo Mondays :)

Today’s Sketch.
My try,



 
I did this card is pieces then hoped that I could tie it all in. I started with the base layer and worked my way up. Once I had the second and third layer pieced together I added the ribbon.

The little ribbon flower was made with my mini Bowdabra. I was going for a multi-looped bow but once I had cut and shaped it I thought it resembled a small flower more, so I added the little pearl brad to complete it.

I stamped the sentiment and flower with Versacolor-Pinecone then embossed them with Liquid Glass embossing powder. I used embroidery floss in place of twine then added lots of pearls to finish.

Supplies: Cream, brown and textured tan cardstock, Designer Paper- Anna Griffin, Close to my Heart-Thank you, TPC Studio-Spring Break, misc ribbon, Recollections pearls, Making Memories pearl Brad, Spellbinders.

Have a great week.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. I know you worked in zoom zoom mode and even dealt with some lil emergency there in the background. Its a wonder your thumb did not get glued in there. How the heck do you do this and have it come out like it could grace the pages of Martha Stewart. Hmmm?

    Your Jealous Sister,
    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh this is stunning! Love your color combo and your little flower is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Nina:)
    Your card turned out AMAZING!!I agree with Barb.It looks totally professional.:)
    I gotta get me one of those Bowdabra's.:)I even looked at a youtube video to see what you were talking about.LOL I think I have another project for Jim in his woodshop.hehe He already made another kind of bow maker for me.:)Wonder if I could work it similar to this.Must try.:)
    Have a wonderful day!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!! The colours are great!! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply beautiful Nina! I love how your cards are always so clean looking!
    The colors are wonderful that you chose to use.
    I actually really liked this sketch this week and i am really looking forward to doing it once i get moved and settled.
    Thanks for your encouragement on the boot camp...it is hard work but i love every minute of the burn and i'm looking forward to seeing some result.
    Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. another awesome beautiful card Nina ...I do need lessons ...still stuck on a card for this layout...have a great week ..oh ya where are those easter cards...waiting to see...:)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete