April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to my big Brother. Have a fabulous day Dave, I know your lovely wife will spoil you.

My brother loves fishing, so I do try to make cards inspired by that. This is a simple card, multi layers making use of the designer paper theme. I embossed Sizzlet buttons with clear embossing powder then laced them with thin floss-like twine to make it look like fishing line. The Birthday Wishes is embossed with a hunter green embossing powder.



Supplies: Cream and green cardstock, Designer Paper-Sugar Tree, Stamp-it Birthday Wishes, Sizzlits-buttons, misc floss, clear embossing powder.

On another note, Thank you to Sarah Forhan, my Mojo card from this week has been posted to the Bowdabra Facebook page due to my cute little bow. I am feeling pretty happy about that. Check out the Bowdabra blog for some great ideas.

Thank you very much to Debbie - http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-blogger-award.html for the blog award. This award is going to take me a little work so I will try to Post about that this weekend.

I am happy it is Friday, have a fabuous weekend. If you visit, please leave a comment, they make me smile.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. love the card and I Know Dave will to ...and Yes Neti will be spoiling him rotten. Have a great weekend Nina.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina!

    Congrats on your award you deserve them and congrats on having your card featured.
    Glad you stopped by but not to worry i understand life does get busy...but glad you were able to make it :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card Sis, something fishy about it though *snort* I know he will love it.

    I'll have to check the bowdabra site, but did you post a link to that?

    I'm glad you're reaping awards!

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nina! I saw that you were the second person to comment on my pay it forward so if you would like to play then send me your address and i will send you a little something in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Nina:)
    Sorry I am late to comment on your mojo card..which by the way..congratulations!!!You really do deserve the award.:)It's really pretty!!
    I left a birthday wish to Dave on Barb's blog.Hope he gets to see it.:)I LOVE your fish card! It's so COOL!
    Speaking of Micheal's...they are having a 40%off sale starting tomorrow..here.. and not sure if you will have it there too...on Sizzix,cuttlebug,and slice Die-cutting machines and accessories and cordless design cutter.Cricut cartridges reg.$89.99 each are only $34.99.It says as long as they last.Here..that isn't long.LOL I go into the store to get something and the shelves are already empty.:)I don't have a cricut..but Christy has a cuttlebug..so she is excited.LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome, Nina! I love your card it is beautiful and I was happy to pass along your blog link to our readers. I am sure your work will inspire others to add Mini Bowdabra bows to their scrapbooking layouts. If you use the Mini Bowdabra, again, to make additional bows for your cards please email me at sarahforhan@bowdabrablog.com I would love the opportunity to feature one of your cards on our blog.

    ReplyDelete