November 1, 2010

It's Mojo Monday time again :). I think this card just may end up being a template for one of my Christmas cards, it is a little more time consuming then I would like for making 1/2 dozen of them but... anyhoo this is the sketch.

I love this stamp, loved it when I brought it, loved it when I was stamping with it, the holly and the Calligraphy are actually side by side but there is just enough room to ink the sides separately. I of course continue my love affair with Memory box Designer Papers too :).

I found that in my small army of Spellbinders I don't own a rectangle scallop (is there one? I may have to do some shopping)I used my scallop blade on my Fiskars trimmer and liked the cute little odd cuts at the corners too. I dug into my stash of what I think of as my Christmas ribbons, beautiful and shiny. I finished off with some Stickles and Voila. I needed my design to be upside down so it would not cut of the words but I think it works just fine.

I am still working on the card pictures, I have had some wonderful suggestions for natural light and so one, it had been a little gloomy and rainy here though so no outside picture taking for me.

Supplies: Brown and sage green cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Box Holly Jolly, Magenta Crafty Individual-Calligraphy Deck the Halls, misc ribbon, Burgundy and Ruby Slippers Stickles.

cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. I like the flipped card, it works very well. The stamp and DP are great together as well. I have that stamp and have never used, it. If only I had that wonderful DP I could case thsi fabulous card. ;)

    I think your card picture turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as usual!

    It's a good thing you had the fishers to fall back on. I know so much more goes into your card than I can imagine - some of the twchniques and supplies remain mysterious until I see them with my own little eyes.

    I wonder what you learned about taking the picture - it looks wonderful, nice and bright!

    Hopefully I will get some card create time this week.

    Love ya!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love those Memory Box papers! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..Stunning card. I loved the Memory box papers. Your card turned out just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete