February 6, 2009

TGIF, I worked some OT last weekend and with this week being beyond busy I am sooo looking forward to not having that morning meeting with my alarm clock for a couple of days.

Wow, for such a basic looking Valentine’s day card there sure is a lot of supplies used to make this card.

The first step was to actually build the card around the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder. I also tried about 4 different stamped hearts with this embossing powder, I was so happy with the result.. who would have thunk it, Christmas embossing powder… Fabulous. This portrait does nothing to display how pretty and sparkly it really is.

The rest of the card just sort of came together, the ribbon is in one of the many bags of salvaged ribbon I have in a little drawer. The Happy Valentine’s Day stamp is one of those $1.50 ones from Michaels. I have a ton of those from all ‘holidays’ you never know when one might come in handy. I filled in the little heart with Ranger Stickles, my sweet husband brought out the local stamp store at Christmas and I have to make my way through my new Stickles collection.


Supplies: Red cardstock, Natural white cardstock – Stampin’ Up Designer paper- K&Company, Misc ribbon, Inkadinkado clear stamps – Hearts, Katie & Co – Happy Valentines Day, Ranger red tinsel embossing powder. Ranger xmas red Stickles.

Have a great Friday.

2 comments:

  1. love that the white paper very pretty and the heart ...very beautiful Nina ..another awesome job ...have a great weekend


    hugs & smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning, Nina! If there is one thing that I will wish I could do, I am sure it will be to emboss. Nothing comes close, I'm sure a printout would not be the same.

    The simple interplay of the red and white is perfect - and yes, come to think of it those are Christmas colors!

    I'm always learning from your cards - thanks for sharing.

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete