January 14, 2009



What a nice surprise, I received a blog award. Not sure what to do with it just yet, as I am still so new to the blog world. I will figure it out but in stages. My Big Sister sent this my way, she is always encouraging, never fails to support her crazy sister and is beyond talented (see her blog here http://lalalime.blogspot.com/) thank you Barb. If I understand this correctly I am suppose to share 7 random tidbits about me.

1) I love Dutch licorice, it is a nasty little addiction.
2) I have no patience for girly stuff, I don’t get excited about make-up, shoes or clothing.
3) I love craft supplies, that also is a nasty little addiction
4) I have a fondness for chick-flicks, I love Under the Tuscan Sun and have watched it at least 20 times.
5) My husband is my best friend
6) I love to bug my sister with random taunts, like sending her recipes for her beloved wild running quail covey (cruel I know but all is fair with sister love)
7) I have a one eyed cat named Vogue, who is a geriatric princess

Bored yet *smile*

This card was a random thought, it was just there in my head swirling about and needed to be made. I like it.. but it makes me tilt my head in wonder at all the wonderful swirls and twirls on the paper and bird. Odd you say, yes I agree.



Most of my card start pretty basic, I like to layer, I love Spellbinders Nestabilities and I have seen them on a number of cards on random blogs I frequent but they is not yet in my arsenal (yet *grin*). Soon I say soon. So in the mean time I will continue on my merry way with what I have. I stamped my bird with brown ink, used my Marvy punches to punch out a couple different flowers to layer on top if my floral embellishments, add a little ribbon, glue and adhesive everywhere then.. done.

Supplies: Natural Ivory cardstock – Stampin’ Up!, brown cardstock, Designer Paper – Memory Box Provence collection, Inkadinkado-Birds Galore Clear Stamps, Prima – Floral Embellishments, Bird Feather ribbon, brads.

Love your Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. wow girl you deserve the award it is awesome coming to your site and seeing the talent you have ...now you make sure you keep that sis of your's on her toes. You both are very talented ladies ..and I know over this next year you two will created some very awesome items. Have a great day Nina

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all,

    Big headlock and hug *snort* - its a sister thing.

    You leave all the girly things to me, I'll be the other gene in the girly department. Thus my lil Claire's addiction.

    Your cards are ANYTHING but simple. They are little works of art, each and every one. The swirling in your brain thing, thats an indication of the artist inside trying to get out.

    It was an HONOUR and pleasure to be the first to give my sister an award.

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I know Barb already give you this award but i wanted you to know I Love visiting your blog.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete